Remember the First Super Bowl You Watched?
Remember the first Super Bowl you watched? This is relative to how old you are but the first Super Bowl I remember is Super Bowl X from the 1975-76 season when the Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the Dallas Cowboys 21-17. Those Steelers teams were great with Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris and Lynn Swann. But those Steelers teams of the 1970’s will be remembered for their Steel-Curtain Defense with Mean Joe Greene, Jack Ham and Jack Lambert. During that time, growing up in the Midwest, I seem to remember a lot of Cowboys fans everywhere. “Front-runners,” I thought. We weren’t within a 1000 miles of Dallas!
FIRST SUPER BOWL
After watching my first Super Bowl, I’ve watched everyone since. Fast forward to today and when I see the 49ers I think of all of the great Joe Montana led teams and how he dominated his era. And when I see the Chiefs I marvel at how they are dominating this era. As long as Patrick Mahomes is around the Chiefs will always be contenders.
We will continue our look back at all of the Super Bowls with Trivia on Craig Shemon and Company on ESPN Southwest Florida. After all, we have 57 prior games to choose from when formulating questions. Good Luck!
SUPER BOWL TRIVIA
- What team played in 4 Super Bowls and never held a lead? Vikings
- During Har-Bowl, the lights went out. Who had just performed at halftime? Beyonce
- Name the two quarterbacks who won with different teams? Peyton Manning and Tom Brady
- Name the first Wild Card team to win? Raiders
- What running back has rushed for the most yards? (Played in 4 SB’s) Franco Harris 354
- Who was the youngest coach to win? Sean McVay 36
- Who is the oldest player to play in the game? Tom Brady 43
- Who is the only player to throw a TD pass and catch a TD pass in the Super Bowl? Nick Foles
- What two teams have faced each other a record three times in the big game? Cowboys and Steelers
- What is the most points scored by a team in the game? 55 points by the 49ers in SB XXIV