Super Week is Here!
Super Week is here. Super Bowl Sunday is this weekend and the game will feature the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers. This is actually a rematch from 4 years ago. As fans, we are ready. As members of the media, we are more than ready. I’ve never really been a fan of the two week gap between the Conference Championships and the actual Super Bowl. The event is so big teams and players and traveling fans need the two weeks to get their affairs in order. However, as a member of the media, everything that needs to be said about the game was said last week. What else is there other than the hype?
This week teams will get into a routine of daily media obligations and actual practice and walk throughs. Player availability for media usually ends after Thursday and the coaches are available one last time Friday morning. Then it’s time to hunker down with last minute details and preparation for the Super Bowl on Sunday.
Sunday will be the 58th time we have gone through this and each year gets more crazy. Let’s review some of the notable games of the past with Super Bowl Trivia on Craig Shemon and Company on ESPN Southwest Florida.
SUPER BOWL TRIVIA
- This year’s Super Bowl is a rematch from 4 years ago. This will be the 8th time a Super Bowl is a rematch. Name one. Dal vs Pit, SF vs Cin, Phi vs NE, Dal vs Buf, LAR vs NE, NYG vs NE, Mia vs Was
- What team has appeared in the most Big Games? Patriots 11
- Name the only sibling players to face each other? Jason and Travis Kelce
- Name the only coaches to face each other? Jim and John Harbaugh
- Who is singing this year’s National Anthem? Reba McEntire
- What two teams have the most wins? Steelers and Patriots 6 (SF 5)
- What two teams have the most losses? (Hint: It’s not the Bills) Broncos and Patriots 5
- What 4 teams have never made it to the Super Bowl? Lions, Browns, Jaguars, Texans
- Where is next year’s Big Game? New Orleans
- What college has produced the most Super Bowl quarterbacks? Cal 5 Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff, Craig Morton, Vince Ferragamo, Joe Kapp