Good news Apple geeks. The tech giant had your regular fix of big announcements Wednesday. Including the introduction of the iPhone 14, and a host of new features.
Apple’s “Far Out” event was held both in person and virtually and included a number of big announcements. Most of which were anticipated (at least by Apple obsessives).
The biggest announcements of the day centered around some core Apple products, including:
- The all-new bigger iPhone, in new colors and two sizes
- An iPhone 14 Pro that will take better photos and videos than pretty much any camera most of you have ever owned (unless you have a professional camera)
- An all-new set of Apple Watches for the first time since they were originally released
- AirPods Pro were announced with the same old shape, but major upgrades
- A new crash detection system in most of the new devices. This will allow you to alert emergency services in the event of a serious accident
But the biggest of the announcements came in the way of the new iphone 14.
“Our customers rely on their iPhone every day, and iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus introduce groundbreaking new technologies and important safety capabilities. With the new, larger 6.7-inch display on iPhone 14 Plus, users can enjoy more content onscreen when browsing the web and even more text,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “Both phones have a powerful new Main camera with a huge leap in low-light performance, advanced connectivity capabilities with 5G and eSIM, and the incredible performance of A15 Bionic, which helps enable even better battery life. All of this, tightly integrated with iOS 16, makes iPhone more essential than ever.”
So let’s take a deeper dive into all of the products announced at Wednesday’s Apple event. How much they will cost you. And when they’ll be available.