Rolling Loud Miami is coming up fast, the weekend of July 22nd, and while the main attractions are Ye, Future, and Kendrick Lamar, there’s another thing many of the festival goers will have in common. They’ll be on drugs. With research done by Innerbody, they’ve been able to break down what people will be doing at the show.
- Marijuana (59%), Cocaine (42%), MDMA (38%), Shrooms (36%), and LSD (32%) are the most commonly consumed drugs at Rolling Loud – 95% of Rolling Loud attendees plan to use drugs in 2022
- Rolling loud ranks no. 2 for festivalgoers experiencing overdoses, while 2 in 5 festivalgoers report experiencing a heat stroke
- Roughly 1 in 4 Rolling Loud Miami attendees have had an encounter with the police
Innerbody research didn’t stop there. They interviewed 1,006 festivalgoers to find out which drugs people are taking at which shows and found that:
- 84% of attendees plan to use substances at a music festival this year. Alcohol will be the most consumed substance, followed by marijuana.
- More than half (54%) of festivalgoers have taken a substance from a stranger in the crowd.
- Almost one-third of festival attendees would rather risk taking bad drugs than perform on-site testing because they’re scared to get in trouble.
- 80% of attendees have experienced a substance-related injury at a festival.
- Lollapalooza attendees are the most likely to have sex with a stranger, while EDC attendees are the most likely to suffer from dehydration. Burning Man attendees are the most likely to have a bad trip.