All-Time Super Bowl Losers
We always remember the winners. Come up short and history may forget you. Don’t believe me? How well do you remember Super Bowl losers throughout history? Sure, anybody can recall the Buffalo Bills. They lost in spectacular fashion. Losing four straight Super Bowls will etch your legacy in our minds forever. But what about the close calls? What about the players or coaches that came so close to glory, but fell short for one reason or another?
These thoughts lead to another debatable question; Is it better to get to a Super Bowl and suffer a devastating loss or is it better to not go at all? Many may lean toward choosing to go and lose rather than not going at all. But it is debatable. Plus, losing sticks with you forever. Many coaches and players will tell you they remember the losses more than the wins. It’s human nature.
SUPER BOWL LOSERS
- Who did the Packers beat in Super Bowl I? Chiefs
- When Joe Namath guaranteed a win in SB III, who’d the Jets beat? Colts
- Who lost last year? Eagles
- Who blew the biggest lead? Falcons 28-3
- While no team has ever been shutout, name the two teams that failed to score a TD? Dolphins and Rams
- Name the only one point loss in the SB? Bills lost to Giants 20-19 in XXV
- Who lost to the Dolphins to cap of their perfect 1972 season? Washington
- Three coaches have lost multiple Super Bowls with different teams. Can you name them? Don Shula, Dan Reeves, Andy Reid
- Three teams have lost a SB and came back to win it the next year. Can you name one? Dolphins, Cowboys, Patriots
- Three players have lost 5 Super Bowls. Can you name one? (Hint: They all played for the Bills) OL- Glenn Parker, LB Cornelius Bennett, QB Gale Gilbert – Gilbert lost 5 straight! (Chargers). (He went to Cal under Joe Kapp who lost Sb with the Vikings, but he was winning QB in the Cal-Stanford game in 1982) (1974 he lost Little League World Series to Taiwan.