Monday Night Football has a double header in store for fans tonight to cap off an exciting second week of the NFL season. Both matchups are interesting division battles. The New Orleans Saints travel to Carolina to play the Panthers at 7:15pm on ESPN. The Browns will battle the Steelers in Pittsburgh at 8:15 on ABC.
THE OLD DAYS:
Back in the day, the NFL experimented with a Week One MNF double-header. But, lately the league scheduled the double-header for Week Two. We are not sure why it’s now the second week of the season. They also used to have an early east coast game and then a later west coast game so you could watch them back-to-back in their entirety.
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL:
But it’s the overlapping times of tonight’s games that is perplexing. Both games are in the eastern time zone and they kickoff an hour apart? Why is the NFL cannibalizing its audience like that? We’ve never heard a good answer. Nevertheless, enjoy them both. Plus we’ve added our questions and answers to Wiki-Pete-ia as we prepare for tonight’s games on Shemon and Sheppard on ESPN Southwest Florida.
- CAN YOU NAME THE TWO MNF GAMES TONIGHT? SAINTS-PANTHERS/ BROWNS-STEELERS
- NAME THE TWO STADIUMS FOR TONIGHT’S GAMES? BANK OF AMERICA / ACRISURE
- WHO IS THE PANTHERS HC? FRANK REICH
- WHO IS THE PANTHERS BACKUP QB? ANDY DALTON
- WHAT QB IS LISTED BEHIND DEREK CARR AND JAMEIS WINSTON FOR THE SAINTS? TAYSOM HILL
- WHERE DID THE BROWNS DONOVAN PEOPLES JONES GO TO SCHOOL?MICHIGAN
- DESHAUN WATSON, WHEN WITH THE TEXANS, HAD TO BUS TO WHAT OPPONENT CITY BECAUSE HE COULD NOT FLY WITH A PUCTURED LUNG?JACKSONVILLE
- WHERE DID MIKE TOMLIN GO TO COLLEGE?WILLIAM AND MARY
- BEFORE TAKING THE STEELERS JOB, WHERE WAS TOMLIN THE DC IN 2006?VIKINGS
- NAME THE STEELELRS THREE QUARTERBACKS? KENNY PICKETT, MITCH TRUBISKY, MASON RUDOLPH