New York Jets fans on Red Alert! And others…
One of my favorite radio segments on the Shemon and Sheppard Show on ESPN Southwest Florida is RED ALERT every Tuesday at 3:30ish! That’s where we put people, teams or situations on BLAST because they deserve to be ripped. (I also like the missile launch sound effects that Chris plays from the other side of the glass!)
Common targets are prima danna athletes who are unaware of their social surroundings. It is our duty to point out their public deficiencies.
Other targets can be coaches who make bonehead decisions or team owners and general managers who drive their fans nuts. It is our job to set the world straight, at least during our ten minute segment.
Since we’ve been doing this segment for a while, I also enjoy how the texters like to add their nominations to the list. Add your Red Alert via text at 239-337-ESPN.
Also, in case you are new to the show, RED ALERT blasts do NOT have to come from the world of sports. In fact, as of late, we like to close the segment by ALWAYS blasting Russian President Vladimir Putin just because. However, I should note that our show goes to painstaking lengths to avoid divisive politics at all costs.
Here’s our list, starting with the New York Jets:
- New York Jets Fans: What a tease! The build up to Aaron Rodgers was fun. But his greatest highlight will be of him running out of the tunnel with the American Flag on 9/11. And his one incomplete pass. We feel for you.
- Bills Fans: The build up was fun. Then you lost to Zack Wilson
- Josh Allen: Dude, stop turning the ball over! Four on Monday night!
- Packers Fans: You dodged a bullet. That could have been your quarterback.
- College Football in the State of Michigan: Both Mel Tucker and Jim Harbaugh are suspended this weekend.
- Bengals: You looked awful in your loss to the Browns.
- Joe Burrow: Aaron Rodgers and Kevin Durant started with calf strains that led to torn achilles. Just saying. Be careful.
- Sean Payton: You were supposed to fix things. You lost to the Raiders.
- Vlad Putin: Ass-Clown. Stop the war!