FORT MYERS, Fla. (Aug. 17, 2021) – Tickets are now on sale for the nation’s No. 1 high school boys’ basketball tournament. The 48th Culligan City of Palms Classic takes place Friday, Dec. 17 through Wednesday, Dec. 22 at the Suncoast Credit Union Arena on the campus of Florida SouthWestern State College (FSW) in Fort Myers.
With the cancellation of last year’s event amid the pandemic, tournament organizers are anticipating higher than average attendance and making tickets available nearly two months earlier than usual. Fans of the tournament have gone almost two years without seeing the top teams and players compete in the long-running event.
The tournament features top teams from across the U.S. and Canada; with at least six of the top teams and nearly 20 of the top players in the nation participating in the annual holiday event.
National and COP champion Montverde Academy will be defending their title, while 2019 COP runner-up IMG Academy will attempt to dethrone them. They’ll be joined by 24 other powerhouse teams in Fort Myers.
Classic Basketball Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation that acts as a foundation for the tournament. No fees are collected from the players or teams. For many of the players, the tournament is the first opportunity to ever travel outside of their hometown.
Culligan returns for its eighth year as Title Sponsor, with the North Law Firm and Millennium Physician Group as Presenting Sponsors.
Several ticket options are available, including:
The Six-Day Reserved Ticket Package which offers nearly a 30% discount from the single day price.
- Six-Day Preferred: A single seat for six days for $290 including the processing fee. Seating in the first two rows directly behind the team benches and scorer’s table (west side of the arena), or the opposite side, first and second rows (east side of the arena – LEVEL I).
- Six-Day Reserved: A single seat 6-day ticket for $168 including the processing fee, with the remaining courtside seating (east and west sides of the arena – LEVEL II).
- VIP Parking: A six-day Parking Pass in the lot closest to the arena for $65 including the processing fee.
General Admission tickets
- Single day tickets in sections 101- 103, 111 and 113. Single day General Admission for days 1-4 is $22 including the processing fee. Tickets for days 5 and 6 are $27 including the processing fee.
- A single day ticket for days 1-4 is $32 including the processing fee. Days 5 and 6 are $37 including the processing fee.
To purchase tickets, call the box office at 239-481-4849 or 1-800-440-7469, Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., visit the Barbara B. Mann box office, or go to https://cityofpalmsclassic.com/tickets/.
North Law Firm Three-Point Shootout and Edison Bank Slam Dunk Contest tickets
- A special rate ticket of $7 will be available to attend these two events on Sunday, Dec. 19. Tickets will go on sale at 6 p.m. the evening of the event and are only available at the arena box office.
Visit cityofpalmsclassic.com for more information.
About the Culligan City of Palms Classic
Founded in 1973, the City of Palms tournament began, like so many tournaments today, as a simple, local holiday basketball tournament. Over the years, the tournament grew and expanded its scope to include the nation’s finest athletes and teams, and during the past 26 years, it has set the standard by which all tournaments are compared. Classic Basketball Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation created for the purpose of managing the Culligan City of Palms Classic. For more information and to sign up for the eNewsletter, visit cityofpalmsclassic.com.